14 June, 2010

Desaturated

Floral prints forever, but it's the dark florals that really get my blood flowing. Something about dainty flowers floating amidst a dark sea fills my jello brain with mystic seacrets... and compels me to shout out Au Contraire! In hardly appropriate situations, of course. Found this dress at a neighbor's yard sale yesteryay and can comfortably say that I could wear it for the rest of my days. It's been quite enjoyable sitting in this dress and burying my soul in the Grandes Dames du Cinema book I'd scored at the flea market. It's in French, but what better excuse to brush up on the ol francaise? Note: Getting books in another language that I have a great interest in reading makes it very easy to get motivated on learning the language. Ingrid Bergman is really wonderful.
www.chictopia.com/knifesauce
It's nice to imagine that these ladies just wore black and white (plus varying shades in between).
It's nice to imagine that they had gray skin.

1 comment:

Zoë said...

Oui, madame.

I love this dress, and your socks underneath it.

Well done- as always.

.Haiku Ambulance